The Asian Development Bank – Government of Japan Scholarship Program graduate degree fellowship provides support for graduate (post-baccalaureate) studies in approved fields of study at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa (UHM), and for participation in educational activities at the East-West Center (EWC).
Please check the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa website at http://manoa.hawaii.edu/ for information about the various areas of study.
Areas of study funded by ADB through the ADB Scholarship at the East-West Center, are:
|Area of Study||Test Scores Required|
|Architecture||TOEFL or IELTS|
|Business Administration||GMAT and TOEFL or IELTS|
|Economics||GRE and TOEFL or IELTS|
|Geography||GRE and TOEFL or IELTS|
|Int’l Mgmt-School of Business||GMAT and TOEFL or IELTS|
|Japan Focused MBA (JEMBA)||GMAT and TOEFL or IELTS|
|Law (LLM Degree-a one-year program)||TOEFL or IELTS|
|Natural Resources & Environmental Mgmt||GRE and TOEFL or IELTS|
|Ocean & Resource Engineering||GRE and TOEFL or IELTS|
|Oceanography||GRE and TOEFL or IELTS|
|Pacific Islands Studies||TOEFL or IELTS|
|Public Administration||TOEFL or IELTS|
|Sociology||GRE and TOEFL or IELTS|
|Tropical Plant & Soil Science||GRE and TOEFL or IELTS|
|Urban & Regional Planning||GRE and TOEFL or IELTS|
The basic requirements for this scholarship are:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a developing member country of the Asian Development Bank.
- Applicants must have a 4-year bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a 4-year bachelor’s degree, at the time of application. (An equivalent could be a 3-year bachelor’s degree plus a 1-year master’s degree, or a 2-year bachelor’s degree plus a 2-year master’s degree. This is subject to review.)
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree that is equivalent to a U.S. Master’s degree to apply for Doctoral studies.
- Applicants must have at least 2 years of full-time professional work experience after a university degree.
- Applicants must take one of the English proficiency tests; the minimum acceptable scores are 550 for TOEFL or 6.5 for IELTS.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants who have studied abroad, or may be seeking a second master’s or second doctorate degree are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Requirements [DOC] [PDF]
Application Information and Instructions [DOC] [PDF]
Application Form [FORM-FILLABLE DOC] [PDF]
Application Essay Instructions [DOC] [PDF]
Letter of Reference Form [FORM-FILLABLE DOC] [PDF]
Letter of Reference – Community Service [FORM-FILLABLE DOC] [PDF]
Application Checklist [FORM-FILLABLE DOC] [PDF]
Fall 2012 UH Graduate Degree Application Documents (to be submitted with the EWC application forms)
Please check the UH website or contact the academic program for supplemental documents. Note that the UH Graduate Adminissions office email was recently changed to: email@example.com
- UH Graduate Admissions Application Instructions & Forms [FORM-FILLABLE DOC]
- UH Notice to Applicants [PDF]
- UH Statement of Objectives Form [DOC]
- UH Credit Card Payment Form [FORM-FILLABLE DOC]
- UH LL.M Application (law school) [FORM-FILLABLE DOC]
Review the ADBJSP Application Information and Instructions thoroughly before beginning the application process.
Remember, the mailing deadline for the ADB application is the November 1, 2011 postmark. Please include as many support documents as possible when you mail the ADB and UHM applications.
Award Services Office
Attn: ADB Scholarships
John A. Burns Hall, Room 2066
1601 East-West Road
Honolulu, Hawaii 96848-1601
For more information e-mail: adbjsp@EastWestCenter.org