The Japanese Grant Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship (JDS) program has been started in the Kingdom of Cambodia since 2000. Up to day, total of 248 fellows have been sent to Japan under the program.
The objective of JDS Program is to support human resource development of Cambodia, targeting highly capable, young government officials who are expected to engage formulating and implementing social and economic development plans and becomes leaders after earning Master’s degree (English course) in Japan.
The JDS program is now inviting potential applicants who understand its aims and are interested in 1-2.5 year master degree program at Japanese accepting universities for the academic year 2012-2013.The program will be instructed in English. The number of dispatches is 24 per year.
Sub-Program/ Component and Accepting University
The JDS program consists of “Sub-Program” and “Component” as the priority field of study, which correspond to and deal with the target priority issues for the social and economic development of the Kingdom of Cambodia. The fellows of the JDS program in the Kingdom of Cambodia are selected from the “Target Organizations” whose mission is closely related to the “Sub-Program” and “Component”. This approach gives its most importance on “Selection and Concentration” on the target priority development issues, securing further effectiveness and efficiencies of the program.
1. Citizen of Cambodia;
- 2. Between the age of 22 and 39 as of April 1, 2012;
- 3. Required at least two years of work experience including a period of probation as full-time employee in the target organizations;
- 4. Has bachelor’s degree;
- 5. Has a good command of both written and spoken English (TOEFL score of 500 / IELTS 5.5 or higher is preferred but not required);
- 6. Has not been obtained Master’s degree under the support of foreign scholarship;
- 7. Applicants must not be serving in the military.
Application & Selection Procedures
1. Explanatory Meeting
|September 17, 2011||9:00-, at Cambodia-Japan Cooperation Center, Phnom Penh|
|October 8, 2011||9:00-, at Cambodia-Japan Cooperation Center, Phnom Penh|
|October 15, 2011||9:00-, at Prince d’ Angkor Hotel, Siem Reap|
*Please click here for the seminar information. (PDF / 609KB)
2. Application Deadline
3. Tentative Schedule
- September 8, 2011: Start of Public Announcement
- November 14, 2011: Deadline of Submission of Application Form and Required Documents
- November 26, 2011: English and Basic Mathematics Examination
- Beginning of December, 2011: First Selection (Screening the documents) by Accepting University
- Middle of January, 2012: Second Selection (Interview) by Accepting University
- Beginning of February 2012: Third Selection (Interview) by Operating Committee
- End of February, 2012: Notification to final successful candidates
- Middle of July, 2012: Pre-departure Orientation (mandatory)
- August, 2012: Departure for Japan
1. Application Guideline
2. Application Documents
3. Frequently Asked Questions
1. Research plan
Before an applicant writes the research plan, it is recommended to study “University Information” closely to make sure if the university has curriculums and faculty members relevant to your research plan. Applicants can acquire more information in the website of each university or visit JICE JDS Project Office.
The research plan should be in connection with the Component, the program of applying university and the future career plan in the belonging organization.
Please refer to ‘Guideline for Writing a Research Plan’ in the Application Guidelines for detail.
2. English & Math Exam
Math test of around 60 minutes consists of Arithmetic operations, Solving fractions, Equations, Inequality, Matrix, Basic quadratic functions, Basic operations of exponential and logarithmic functions, Basic Integral and Differentiation, etc.
3. Science Exam
Every qualified applicant applying for the component of “Promotion of Industry and Mining Development” might be required to take Science test in Phnom Penh on November 26, 2011. Further detail will be provided by JICE JDS Project Office in Cambodia.
- Tel: 023-217944 / 012-681611
(Available from Mon. to Fri. 8:30 – 12:00, 14:00 – 16:30)
- Address: Ground Floor, Hong Kong Center, Preah Sothearos street, Phnom Penh
- Mailing Address: JICE JDS Project Office P.O.BOX 1592, Phnom Penh