MA International Planning and Sustainable Development Scholarships at The University of Westminster, UK.
|Eligibility:||ou must be an international student from a developing country and hold an offer for a full-time Masters degree in International Planning and Sustainable Development.|
|Criteria:||Academic excellence, financial need and development potential.|
|Deadline:||31 May 2012|
A range of scholarships are available to students holding offers on the University’s MA in International Planning and Sustainable Development.
Application procedure and presentation guidelines
- Apply for scholarships only after you have been offered a place (conditional or unconditional) on a course at the University of Westminster.
- Please do not apply if you have already enrolled or begun a course of study at the University of Westminster.
- Read the information on individual scholarships carefully and ensure that you only apply for ones that you are eligible for and meet the criteria of. For example, do not apply for the Vietnam Scholarship unless you are from Vietnam.
- Photocopy the application form at the back of our scholarships brochure or print the form from our website.
- Use the same application form when applying for more than one scholarship.
- Attach the relevant papers only and keep your supporting documents to a minimum. The quantity of documents sent does not give any advantage.
- Attach translations where supporting documents are in any other language but English.
- Word process the application as far as possible. If handwriting the application, please ensure it is written clearly and in block letters. Illegible applications will be considered ineligible.
- Keep your application concise. If we ask for 400 words we mean it, as it is a test of how you can marshal your argument concisely. Exceeding the limit will greatly reduce your chances of an award.
- Unless you are applying for a specific scholarship, just tell us what level of support you require eg, fees only, fees and accommodation etc and we will match the scholarship to your needs where possible.
- Provide us with a valid email address. The University and its Scholarships Committee is not responsible for opportunities missed because of an invalid email address.
- Only send copies of your academic transcript as we will not be able to return any original documentation sent.
- It is acceptable for your university to send transcripts to us directly, but we will not be able to return them to you at any stage.
- If, as an international student, you are already in the U.K. please explain why.
Undergraduate scholarships application form
Undergraduate Application form
Postgraduate Application form
Please note we only accept hard copy of your application, we do not accept faxes or email attachments. Please allow sufficient time for your application to reach us by mail.
The website addresses possible questions that might arise while applying for scholarships. Please read it carefully and only contact the Scholarships Office if the information you require is not there.
If you are a full-time applicant, do not submit an application for a scholarship prior to or along with your UCAS application. If you are a part-time applicant, please make an admissions application to study at the University before applying for a scholarship.
Apply only if you are holding an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a course at the University of Westminster.
Please check individual scholarships for deadlines.
The application must be word processed and if not then reasons for being unable to do so given.
The scholarships procedure is a separate procedure. Therefore, please make sure that you send in a separate application to the Scholarships Office accompanied with:
- A copy of your results achieved so far in your most recent/current academic study (eg As/A Level, access course or BTEC results achieved so far)
- A reference letter for your scholarship application>
- A copy of your offer letter or UCAS confirmation letter
- Your statement of support (this is Section B of the application form)
- A copy of your IELTS/TOEFL result. These are English language qualifications, and you are only required to submit this if you are an international or European applicant living overseas.
Please attach all supporting documentation and submit by the deadline to the following address:
University of Westminster
101 New Cavendish Street
Tel: +44 (0)20 7911 5000 ext 66257/66258
Please note that applications sent or received after the deadline will not be considered.