The Program is designed to attract outstanding, highly qualified, experienced and motivated individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to development, supported by academic success, professional achievement and potential for leadership. The Program recruits through a highly selective and competitive process and then facilitates their rapid integration into the World Bank’s business and culture.
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after September 30, 1979)
- Have a Master’s degree or equivalent [?]
- Be fluent in English
- Be fully proficient in one or more of the Bank’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience at the policy level or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
In order to be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
- Be motivated to relocate and undertake country assignments
Please note that the Young Professionals Program does not recruit individuals with degrees in disciplines such as: Computer Science, HR, Accounting, Marketing, Law and Linguistics unless they are combined with other relevant degrees that are listed above.
* Internationally competitive salary based on their education and professional experience
* Health, Life, Accident and Other Insurance Programs
* Pension plan
* Relocation benefits
Before You Apply
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility before completing your application to the Young Professionals Program
- You have all the information at hand including key dates and an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) your application is complete.
Please use the checklist below to make the online application process easier. Upon applying, you will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address. Note that you must complete your application in a single session – you cannot save an application in progress and can only submit a completed application.
- Answer all questions completely – please note that you must answer all questions marked with an asterisk (*) as they are required fields
- Provide the most current contact information. This information should be valid for a period of one year. In case your contact information changes during the selection process, please email usthe updated data
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your e-mail address, since this will be our main source of communication with you regarding your candidacy
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number)
- After you answer all the questions, attach your detailed CV or Resume in English. Please note that the attached CV should be inMicrosoft Word (doc) format, and not password protected
- Bear in mind that only your first application will be consideredfor the Program.
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
- Applicants are asked not to contact the Program or Bank staff for information on their application status