The Programme covers the following fields only:
– Humanities: Philology, Literature, Linguistics, , History, Archaeology, Philosophy, Educational
– Social Science: Sociology, International Relations
– Arts: Visual Arts, Music, Dance, Theatre, Photography, Film Studies, Media in the arts.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The grants and scholarships offered within the framework of this Programme cover scholarly research, posteducational training in the teaching of the Greek language and culture and/or artistic creation in Greece only and in the fields stated in the above paragraph only.
Eligible to participate are the following candidates:
a) Persons of non Greek descent.
b) Cypriot citizens are also eligible to apply for category AI and AII grants only, provided they are permanently residing and working outside Greece.
c) Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) are also eligible to apply for a grant or scholarship, provided they are permanently residing and working abroad or currently studying in foreign Universities.
d) Categories AI and AII also apply to Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship provided they have a professional academic career of at least ten (10) years in a University or Research Institute abroad.
e) The above mentioned clarification (d) also applies to teachers of the Greek Language of Greek descent or citizenship, who work at elementary or secondary schools outside of Greece and post-graduate students of Greek descent or citizenship, who pursue post-graduate studies outside of Greece (categories B and C), have obtained a degree outside of Greece and are permanently residing outside of Greece for more than fifteen (15) years. The decision to authorize each application for a grant or scholarship is left to the absolute discretion of the Board of Directors of the Foundation. The Board takes into account the recommendations of the Foundation’s Scientific Committee, which is selected by the Board, but is not bound by these recommendations. Furthermore, the Board of Directors can either approve or reject an application without communicating the rationale. All meetings of the Board and all recommendations of the Committee are confidential and under no circumstances will they be communicated to the applicants. The submission of an application equals acceptance of all the conditions of the Announcement.
CATEGORY AI: RESEARCH GRANTS FOR UNIVERSITY FULL AND ASSOCIATE PROFESSORS
Number of Grants: Up to ten 
Duration: One  month during the academic year Oct. 2011 – Sept. 2012
RESEARCH GRANTS – CATEGORY AI
1. A round trip air-ticket (business class) from and to the country and place where the grantee is
permanently living and for the grantee only. This air-ticket is issued for the beginning of the grant and upon definite departure from Greece
2. A monetary grant of Four Thousand Five Hundred Euros (€ 4.500.-) for subsistence, accommodation and all other expenses.
CATEGORY AII: RESEARCH GRANTS FOR UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF ALL LEVELS (PH.D. HOLDERS) / POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS (PH.D HOLDERS) / ARTISTS-MUSICIANS
Number of Grants: Up to ten 
Duration: From three  up to six  months maximum during the academic year Oct. 2011–Sept. 2012
RESEARCH GRANTS – CATEGORY AII
1. A round trip air-ticket (economy class) from and to the country and place where the grantee is permanently living, for the grantee only, for the beginning of the scholarship and upon definite departure from Greece.
2. A monthly allowance of Two Thousand Five Hundred Euros (€ 2.500) for subsistence, accommodation and all other expenses.
CATEGORY B: TEACHER – TRAINING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR TEACHERS OF THE GREEK LANGUAGE
Number of scholarships: Five 
Duration: up to six  months during the academic year Oct. 2011-Sept. 2012
SCHOLARSHIPS – CATEGORY B
1. A round trip air-ticket (economy class) for the scholarship recipient only for the beginning of the scholarship and upon definite departure from Greece.
2. A monthly allowance of One Thousand Two Hundred Euros (€ 1.200.-) for subsistence, accommodation and all other expenses.
CATEGORY C: EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS & Ph.D CANDIDATES
Number of scholarships: Ten 
Duration: From five  up to ten  months during the acad. year Oct. 2011–Sept. 2012
SCHOLARSHIPS – CATEGORY C
1. A round trip air-ticket (economy class) for the scholarship recipient only for the beginning of thescholarship and upon definite departure from Greece
2. A monthly allowance of One Thousand Two Hundred Euros (€ 1.200.-) for subsistence, accommodation and all other expenses
ANNOUNCEMENT & NOMINATION/ APPLICATION FORM
Copies of the Announcement and the relevant nomination/application forms are available from ARIONA HELLAS S.A., Representative of the Onassis Foundation in Greece:
– Monday to Friday, 10:00-15:00 hrs. at the Foreigners’ Fellowships Department, 7 Aeschinou Street, 105 58 Plaka, Athens
– by regular mail to the interested parties, upon their request and after written indication of the relevant address. Please contact the Foreigners’ Fellowships Department by post, fax (0030210 3713013) or e-mail: email@example.com, to request this material.
– by e-mail, as attachments (please write to firstname.lastname@example.org)
– at the Foundation’s web site: http://www.onassis.gr.
In case you ask for the form by mail, please indicate clearly a) the category of grant/scholarship you are interested in and b) your complete postal or e-mail address
DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2011
The application form can be sent online. In this case, see the requirements and the deadline stated on the online document. In case the application form is sent by surface mail, it must imperatively be accompanied by all supporting documents and post-marked no later than JANUARY 31, 2011. Application files can either be sent online or by registered mail at the Foundation’s offices or handed in at the Foundation’s Foreigners’ Fellowships Department (address above) in person or by representative, from Monday to Friday 10:00-15:00 hrs. Applications sent after the above-mentioned deadline will not be accepted. Applicants will be informed of the results by regular mail by the end of July 2011.
To contact the Department of Programmes for Scholarships for Foreigners:
Address: 7, Aeschinou str, 105 58 Athens
Tel.: 0030 210 37 13 000
Fax: 0030 210 37 13 013