•Leadership and Organisation
The next intake for the remaining specialisations are expected in 2012. Announcements for separate scholarship positions within research projects may occur before this time.
The four-year programme is designed for talented students who wish to pursue an international career within academia and who can contribute on the international arena with their research and publications. This is in keeping with the school’s vision of being one of the leading research business schools in Europe. Applicants must have completed a two year (120 ECTS) Master’s Degree with thesis work (preferably a Master of Science) by September 2011 to be considered for a scholarship. An average of grade B or better is required. Fifth year Master of Science students are encouraged to apply. If applicants are otherwise equally qualified, female applicants will be given preference. For further details on admission requirements, please see the Ph.D. Regulations published on our website.
Accepted applicants will be subject to rigorous mentoring and follow-up by the research faculty.
The four-year scholarships are set according to the Norwegian State Salary Scale, and currently pay NOK 365.300,- per year. The positions are linked to The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (Statens Pensjonskasse).The scholarships require 25% teaching responsibilities (35 teaching hours pr. year). The compulsory duties may also include other work to be decided on by the relevant department. Ph.D. students will have their place of work at BI Norwegian School of Management in Oslo, Norway.
The application must be submitted electronically only by using the “Send Application” button on the right hand side in this announcement. No e-mail application or hard copy application will be accepted.
You are required to upload the following with your application:
• Certificate of a Master of Science degree or equivalent, please include transcripts of grades
• A Diploma Supplement or a similar document describing in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree (http://ec.europa.eu/education/policies/rec_qual/recognition/diploma_en.html)
• Other relevant certificates and transcripts
• A project proposal (5-10 pages including topic, proposed method, schedule)
• A research plan with milestones and a list of the courses you plan to take
• Letters of recommendations from relevant employers/tutors providing evidence of your skills as a researcher(a minimum of 2 letters)
• Certificates from previously completed courses at the doctoral level, if requesting approval of these for the Ph.D. programme at BI Norwegian School of Management (see last section of § 3.1.1 in our Ph.D. Regulations)
• A complete list of all publications and/or other documented relevant activities
Please note that all documents must be uploaded in the electronic application. Documents may not be submitted by e-mail. Furthermore, note that any documents forwarded after the application deadline will not be considered. Exceptions will only be made for students who are completing their master’s degree in 2011 and do not have a final certificate when applying. Please note that you will not be able to revise your application once it has been submitted.
Candidates may at a later stage be asked to forward further information and/or be called in for an interview.
Candidates who are accepted for the programme must provide a more detailed progress plan with milestones and courses for the four years of study.
Information about the doctoral programme, admission requirements can be obtained from the doctoral administration at BI Norwegian School of Management.
Application deadline: 14th of February 2011
Applications should be marked with the relevant area of specialisation. Please make sure that you have all the required attachments before you press ‘submit’ to send your application.