(1) Major Field of Study: The applicant must apply for one of APU’s International Cooperation Policy (ICP) Programs, however, the IMAT Program does not qualify for this scholarship.
(2) Nationality and Residence: Applicants must be nationals of countries eligible to borrow from the World Bank. (Click here to see the World Bank’s Home Page for a list) Applicants who have been currently residing in an industrialized country for a period longer than one year will not be considered.
(3) Age: Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of the 1st of April 2011.
(4) Professional Experience: At least two years of work experience related to the applicant¡Çs chosen field of study (aquired after a university degree). Priority is given to applicants currently working in the public sector.
*Executive Directors, their alternates, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Development Association, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are excluded from consideration.
– Full Admission Fee
– Full Tuition
– A monthly subsistence allowance of 170,000 yen (*amount subject to change for 2010) to cover living expenses, including housing and books (*see (2) in “Notes”)
– Medical insurance
– Economy class air travel between the home country and the host university at the start of the study program and one return journey following the end of the overall scholarship period. In addition to the ticket, scholars receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip. (The allowance for the first trip will be included with the payment of the first subsistence allowance.)
Additional Required Documents
(1) Certificate of Employment for at least two years of work experience acquired after a university degree
(2) Abstracts of previous theses or example of previous written work and/or list of research achievements to date
Eligibility Requirements for All External Scholarship Applicants
(in addition to all requirements listed in the Admissions Handbook for APU Graduate Schools)
(1) Major Field of Study: The program chosen should be related to the field that the applicant studied at the previous university, or related to the applicant’s professional experience.
(2) Academic Background: Any person who has completed the 16th year of formal education at a university accredited by the national government of the country in which it was obtained, or is scheduled to complete it by September 2011 is eligible to apply.
(3) English Language Ability: Excellent English language ability. (ideally, the applicant should submit a score of 600 or above on Paper Based TOEFL, 100 on Internet Based TOEFL, 880 on TOEIC or 7.0 on IELTS; Native speakers of English or those who can certify that they had been educated in English only for at least six years in high school or above are exempted from this requirement). Japanese language ability is not required.
(4) Academic Ability: Exceptional academic ability (ideally an Accumulative GPA of 3.6 out of 4 or equivalent.)
Please submit APU’s “Graduate School Application Form for 2011 Admission” (an application can be submitted through APU’s online application system in place of this form) along with the “Application for Fall 2011 External Scholarships for APU Graduate Schools”. Read the “Admissions Handbook” carefully and follow all of the regular instructions for an APU Graduate School application.
In addition to the regular application instructions, applicants for the scholarships below must meet the specific eligibility requirements and submit the Additional Required Documents listed for each scholarship. Also, in order to be considered for the scholarships, all documents and the Application Fee must arrive at APU before the deadlines specified for each scholarship.
Applicants who are selected by APU will be recommended to the appropriate scholarship organizations. At that time, recommended applicants will be requested by APU to submit some additional documents necessary for the formal scholarship application. Final decisions regarding scholarship awards will be made by the scholarship organizations.
Applicants who are not awarded an external scholarship will be considered for tuition reduction scholarships from APU instead.
View and Download Forms
Graduate School Application Form for 2011 Admission[pdf]
Application for Fall 2011 External Scholarships for APU Graduate Schools[pdf]
APU Survey[pdf] (Please submit this with your application)
Instructions for Fall 2011 External Scholarships[pdf] (identical to the info on this home page)
Application Deadline: 31 March
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University