- December 20, 2010: Launch of Fellowship for 2011-2012 academic year
- February 28, 2011: Applications for fellowships must be submitted in full
- April 8, 2011: Award recipients will be notified by email of their acceptance
We are interested in a wide range of academic topics, including the following topical areas:
- Computational Advertising
- Computer Vision
- Compiler Technology
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Networking
- Computer Security
- Data Mining
- Distributed Computing
- Fault Tolerance
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Internet Economics
- Machine Learning
- Machine Translation
- Natural Language Processing
- Smart Datacenters
- Social Computing
- Full-time Ph.D. students in topical areas represented by these fellowships who are currently involved in on-going research.
- Students must be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, System Architecture, or a related area.
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year that the Fellowship is awarded.
- Students must be nominated by a faculty member.
- Eligibility of applicant.
- Quality of application.
- Applicability of the project or study to Facebook.
- Other criteria as decided by Facebook in its sole discretion. Facebook complies with all equal opportunity laws.
The application must include:
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus and applicability to Facebook. Please reference the topical areas above.
- Student’s CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework.
- Minimum of 2 letters of recommendation (one must be from the faculty sponsor).
- The name and website/short bio of the faculty sponsor.
PLEASE NOTE: The submission site is currently under construction. We will post the link here when we launch the submission site.