Institutions, Entrepreneurship and Organisational Change
August 22-27, Hotel Krone (Urnäsch), Switzerland The first oikos Young Scholars Entrepreneurship Academy provides PhD students in the field of Entrepreneurship, Management, Strategy and Sustainability a platform to present and discuss their ongoing research projects with fellow students and senior faculty.
Research on the role of Institutions, Entrepreneurship and Organisational Change for a fundamental reorientation towards achieving environmental, social and economic sustainability is a promising and challenging academic field. It calls for a multitude of methods, combination of disciplines and new research designs. In 2010 we aim at attracting papers fostering new ideas and solutions with regard to how the corporate sector and civil society can contribute to overcoming key sustainability challenges. Feedback will be given by fellow students and three internationally well-reputed researchers:
- Prof. Tina Dacin, E. Marie Shantz Professor of Strategy & Organizational Behavior Queen’s School of Business, Ontario, Canada
- Prof. Filipe Santos, Academic Director, INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Initiative, Fontainebleau, France
- Prof. Mark Starik, Department Chair and Professor of Strategy & Public Policy, George Washington University, USA
The event aims to advance academic research, build networks across disciplinary boundaries and to prepare the ground for research that is highly relevant for theory and practical solutions for scaling up the pace of societal adaptation towards ecological boundaries of the planet.
The programme will encompass graduate student presentations, guest lectures, professional development roundtables, outdoor activities and social events. Participants have the opportunity to apply their insights and skills during a practitioner day including selected social innovation professionals, our partner WWF and The Hub Zurich at the brandnew Hub Zurich offices in Zurich.
PhD students and young scholars may submit papers or elaborated research proposals on:
- For-profit, non-profit and hybrid business models for social change
- Institutional entrepreneurship for promoting an ecological sustainable economy
- Institutional theory and organizational transformation
- Strategies for systemic change
- Social entrepreneurship, sustainability, alliances
- Collaborative entrepreneurship and scaling
- Intrapreneurship and organisational change
To allow in-depth discussions the oikos Young Scholars Entrepreneurship Academy is limited to 15 PhD students and Post-Docs / Young Faculty. The fee is CHF 400. The oikos Foundation for Economy and Ecology will cover the total cost of accommodation, food and excursions.
Your application should contain:(1) a proposal abstract of max. 2-3 pages, (2) a short curriculum vitae and (3) a letter of interest in the oikos Young Scholars Entrepreneurship Academy.
Please send your application via email to:Dr. Jost Hamschmidtoikos PhD Fellowship LabEntrepreneurship@dont-want-spam.oikos-international.org
Thank you for submitting your your application by April 30, 2010.
Applicants will be notified by May 15.
Final papers must be received for circulation to academy participants by June 15, 2010.
We look forward to a great week in Switzerland!
More information: http://www.oikos-international.org/index.php?id=4332