The Malaysian Technical Co-operation Programme (MTCP) was launched in 1980 to promote and facilitate technical co-operation amongst developing countries based on the concept of self-reliance. The Programme encourages the exchange of relevant experiences, pooling and sharing of resources and the development of complementary capabilities through:
- Provision of scholarship and study awards for studies at various institutions in Malaysia
- Provision of training where participants are sponsored by third world countries/organizations
- Study visits and practical attachments
- Export or services and expertise in various field
Centre for Foundation Studies & Extension Education (FOSEE) of Multimedia University, Malacca Campus is one of the many private institutions in Malaysia involved in this programme.
The MTCP training programmes FOSEE, MMU in 2010 are:
- Managing e-University: A study visit for senior officers(MeUNI) Date: May 15 – May 23, 2010
- Multimedia Enhanced Instructions System for Education and Training (MEIST) Date: July 10 – July 25, 2010
- Groupware Applications for Electronic Commerce (GAEC)Date: October 16 – October 31, 2010
General Conditions of Award
1. General Conditions of Award
- Participants shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner compatible with their responsibilities as MTCP scholarship holders and abide by the laws, rules and regulations of the land and MMU. This scholarship cannot be held concurrently with any other scholarship award.
- For lectures, participants are required to dress in long-sleeved shirts with ties, tailored pants and blazer or uniform. For formal occasions, suit, national costume or batiks is required. Ladies should be appropriately dressed in office attire.
- Participants shall follow the programme which has been approved for them. Request for change of programme will not be entertained. Participants should participate in all activities related with the programme.
- Participants are not allowed to participate in any political and/or commercial activities in any capacity whatsoever. Participants shall not take up paid employment during the tenure of their scholarship or serve on the staff of their Official Representatives in Malaysia.
- Participants are NOT allowed to bring their spouses or families for the duration of the course. Participants will be required to return to their own countries upon completion of the course or at the end of the tenure of the scholarship whichever is earlier.
- The award may be terminated at any time for the reasons of unsatisfactory conduct, breaches of the conditions of the award, or failure to make satisfactory progress.
Visa and Vaccination
Wherever applicable, participants are advised to arrange on their own for visa and vaccination prior to travel to Malaysia.Term and Condition Covered by the MTCP for International Participants
Fares: The Government of Malaysia shall provide economy class air travel for the participants to and from Malaysia.
Maintenance Allowance: Full board and accommodation, and daily subsistence allowance:
- Participants will be given an allowance of RM20.00 per day;
- If food and accommodation are not made available, especially during study-tour, other similar arrangements will be made.
Tuition Fees: Tuition fees will be borne by the Malaysian Government under the MTCP.
Medical and Dental Treatment: Expenses for medical and dental treatment in government hospitals/clinics will be borne by the Government of Malaysia. In case of admission in government hospitals, participants will be eligible for First Class Wards (two bedded or more). Dental treatment is restricted to extraction and filling only. Candidates should be certified medically fit to participate under this programme.
Resource Person: Resource person will be local experts and people in the fields to be selected from the Multimedia University.
Methods of PaymentThe participants will receive allowance and other benefits as mentioned above from the Economic Planning Unit, Prime Minister’s Department, Malaysia through MM
|OTHER SEA AND ASIA|
|NORTH AFRICA AND WEST ASIAN STATES|
|Qatar||Republic of Yemen|
|Papua New Guinea||Samoa|
|EAST AND CENTRAL EUROPE|
|Albania||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Central African Republic||Comoros|
|Belize||British Vir. Islands|
|Montserrat||St. Kitts and Nevis|
|St. Lucia||St. Vincent Grenadines|
|Trinidad Tobago||Turks Caicos Islands|
How to Apply:
Applications must be made using the standard MTCP application forms (attached) and also obtainable from Malaysian Embassies, High Commissions or Consulates in the respective countries. 3 copies of application forms, supported by a medical report, must be officially submitted through the applicant’s government to the Malaysian Government and must reach the organizer 3 months before the commencement of the course, unless specified otherwise; thus, a copy of the application should be mailed or faxed or e-mailed directly to:
Mr. Radzuan Razali, Deputy Director / Project DirectorCentre of Foundation Studies & Extension Education (FOSEE)Multimedia University Jalan Ayer Keroh Lama75450 Melaka Malaysia. email@example.com Tel: +606 2523243Fax: +606 2318799
Ms. Zaynab Mhd Jamin, Secretariat MTCPCentre of Foundation Studies & Extension Education (FOSEE), Multimedia University Jalan Ayer Keroh Lama75450 Melaka Malaysia. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Tel:  2523560Fax:  2318799
Ms. Khor Siow Chin, Secretariat MTCPCentre of Foundation Studies & Extension Education (FOSEE), Multimedia University Jalan Ayer Keroh Lama75450 Melaka Malaysia. firstname.lastname@example.org Tel:  2523929Fax:  2318799
More information: http://mtcp.mmu.edu.my