Now your nomination of a CNN Hero could help the person that inspires you achieve even greater recognition and success.Do you know someone who should be recognized as a CNN Hero? Here are some suggestions we hope will help you in crafting your nomination.
Nominations must be in the name of a single individual, at least 13 years of age, whose accomplishment occurred (or continued) after November 26, 2009. Nominees in the “Young Wonder” category must be 25 years of age or younger. Groups and organizations are ineligible for consideration. Citizens of voided countries are also ineligible. For complete details on eligibility requirements and other rules governing selection of CNN Heroes, please read our Legal Disclosures at http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cnn.heroes/nom/legal.html.
- 10 Finalists: Each Finalist will receive Twenty-five Thousand Dollars ($25,000.00)
- 1 Winner: The Winner will receive One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00)
Submissions will be judged by CNN and its panel of chosen judges (“Judges”) from among all eligible nominations received. If more than one nomination is received for a particular nominee, CNN, in its sole discretion may consider any of the nominations for that individual in its judging.
- In the first round, the Judges will narrow the nominees down to approximately 20. CNN reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select fewer or more Eligible Nominees for the first round.
- An independent panel of Blue Ribbon judges will perform the next round of selections. They will select ten (10) potential finalists (the “Finalists”) and one (1) alternate (the “Alternate”) from the Nominations provided from the first round of judging. CNN will make the final determination as to actual Finalists. Being chosen as an Alternate does not entitle Nominee to an Award.
- The final round of judging will be done by an online viewer vote conducted on http://www.CNN.com/heroes. Viewers will have the chance to vote in an online poll for the Finalist whose accomplishment, impact and story best exemplifies a CNN Hero. The Nominee who collects the most votes will be the winner (the “Winner”). The Winner will be announced at the Awards Ceremony.
More information: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cnn.heroes