The Fulbright Program was established to increase mutual understanding between the peoples of the United States and other countries, through the exchange of persons, knowledge and skills. It provides funds for students, scholars and professionals to undertake graduate study and advanced research. The program was promoted by and named after Arkansas senator J. William Fulbright, who promulgated its passage through the US Senate in 1946. The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the opportunity to compete for Fulbright Student Fellowships for graduate study in the United States leading to a Master‘s degree or a Ph.D. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have a strong academic background and a record of excellence in previous studies;
- Have completed a Bachelor‘s degree from a recognized college or university for those applying to study in the U.S. for a Master‘s degree program, or have a Master‘s degree from a recognized college or university for those applying to study in the U.S. for a Ph.D. program;
- Be proficient in English (minimum score of 570 on TOEFL or ITP, or 230 on computer-based TOEFL), or 88 on internet based TOEFL, or 7.0 on IELTS;
- Demonstrate ability to adapt readily to a foreign environment;
- Be in good health and able to undergo a rigorous study program; and
- Have no previous study experience in the United States.
Fulbright Student Fellowship grants provide round-trip transportation to the United States, as well as tuition, fees and living expenses for full-time graduate study. Grant provisions do not include financial support for dependents.
The application and detailed instructions are available at:
The Fulbright Selection Committee will only accept online applications, which will be due by June 11. Applicants must submit all required supporting documents and test score reports directly to the Fulbright Committee of the U.S. Embassy Phnom Penh. For further information, please contact Mr. Chau Sa at tel. 023-728-248, or email: email@example.com or visit http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/fulbright_announcement.html