The IWC Water Leader Scholarships offer full and partial tuition scholarships for Australian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants for the Master of Integrated Water Management program.
Master of Integrated Water Management
The IWC Water Leader Scholarships are available for the Masters program full-time or part-time/distance study mode. The course commences in March.
International scholarships cover full tuition costs of the three-semester full-time Masters program, as well as overseas student health cover for the duration of the program.
Scholarship does not include
Field work or course material costs.
It will be the responsibility of successful applicants to cover these costs.
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution. You must have completed a university level qualification which is at least equivalent in standard to an Australian four year degree. If you are unsure whether your previous university qualification(s) is equivalent in standard to an Australian four year degree, you should seek advice from the Australian Education Centre in your home country or region, or contact UQ International Education Directorate.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency (see http://www.uq.edu.au/international/language-requirements
- Two years practical experience in a related field is preferred but not required.
Apply: international students
You can apply for the MIWM program and the Water Leader Scholarship electronically or by mail. Please follow the instructions below.
UQ’s international electronic student application. The application is a PDF, which can be filled out electronically and emailed or printed and mailed. International Student Application for the Master of Integrated Water Management Program (international students)
Scanned copies of all required documentation or include the documentation with your mailed application:
- Certified copies (as explained on the application form) of all transcripts of results, award certificates, grading systems, and translations (if required)
- Proof of English Language proficiency (if required)
- Please remember to sign the form (electronically if submitted by email)
- Please be sure to attach all required documentation.
- NOTE The International Student Application Fee is waived for those applying for the IWC Water Leader Scholarships if you submit your Scholarship Application Form with your UQ International Student Application.
- Please indicate clearly on your student application that you are applying for the Water Leader Scholarship.
Fill out and sign
- IWC Water Leader Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- IWC Water Leader Scholarship Application Form (Word doc)
or mail: The Manager – International Admissions Section, The University of Queensland, Level 2, JD Story Building, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia.
Please note: Applications received after the scholarship deadline (1st August) will not be considered.
- Commitment to the whole-of-water cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Leadership qualities: As demonstrated by professional, educational, community and other achievements. Leadership qualities include collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision.
- Academic record: You will demonstrate a high level of academic achievement and likelihood of success in further study.
- Professional record: As demonstrated by employment experience, awards and achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Potential impact and outcomes: The likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM Program.