3 Scholarships, ¥2.0 Million each
The NJThe NJG Program supports graduate study in Japan for non-Japanese women who are enrolled in graduate degree programs at Japanese universities.
- Applicants must be non-Japanese, non-permanent resident women who will be enrolled in a degree program with a graduate school of a Japanese university from April of 2009 to March of 2010.
- Applicants must be residing in Japan at the time of application for study purposes.
All CWAJ scholarship applicants are required to be living in Japan at the time of their application. We regret, therefore, that we are unable to accept any applications from outside Japan.
- Applicants must have adequate ability in Japanese, as well as English.
- Holders of scholarships greater than ¥1.0 million from any other scholarship foundation or from company scholarship programs (kigyo ryugaku) are ineligible. Financial aid and awards from the university where the applicant will study will be taken under consideration for exception from this limitation.
- Former recipients of CWAJ awards and members of CWAJ are ineligible.
Obtaining the Application
Application forms are available only from the CWAJ website. The forms are in PDF format. You need Acrobat Reader 5 to read and print the downloaded forms. If you do not have the reader installed on your computer, you can download it free of charge by clicking here.
Note that if your Acrobat reader is an earlier version, for example Acrobat Reader 4, you may not be able to read the applications correctly.
Submitting the Application
–Application submission by e-mail is NOT acceptable..
-All applications must be in writing and in English.
-Do not send by yubin kakitome (registered mail) or takkyubin.
– PERIOD OF ACCEPTANCE: Applications must be postmarked on or between
Tuesday, October 28, 2008. Wednesday, October 1 and
–Completed applications must be mailed to the address below.
CWAJ SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE NJG PROGRAM
Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0021
-Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Extra documents will be disregarded.
-No documents will be returned.
Interviews and Selection
Interviews of the finalists will be held in Tokyo. Candidates should plan to be available during the month when interviews are being held and will be notified at least two weeks in advance if they have been selected for an interview. The interviews will be conducted in both English and Japanese. Applicants will be notified of the results in writing.
CWAJ reserves the right to make its own selections and does not enter into any discussion of its decisions.
For more information about the scholarship program, please send your inquiry in English or Japanese only to firstname.lastname@example.org.